Mira Monte School Dress Code Policy
Students should come to school dressed appropriately, in clothing suitable for all curriculums, including PE.
Inappropriate clothing includes the following:
1. Anything containing suggestive slogans, unacceptable logos or unfriendly messages.
2. Slip-on shoes, high heeled shoes or other open toed shoes without a back-strap. This is for safety reasons. Laced shoes appropriate for physical education must be worn on PE days. Students wearing inappropriate shoes will be excluded from PE. (This will affect report card grades.)
3. Any visible undergarments.
4. Excessively short shorts
5. Tube tops or halter tops, unless covered by an over-shirt.
6. Any tops that expose a bare midriff.
7. Baseball style hats must be worn correctly (i.e. not turned backwards) and may only be worn on the playground - never in the classroom.
8. Any ornamentation that distracts or interferes with regular instruction.
In addition, in order to preserve an elementary school climate, eliminate health problems created by sharing make-up, and to protect our computer keyboards, we are asking that students not wear make-up, including body glitter, to school.
We appreciate your cooperation with this policy. It is designed for the safety and protection of your children.
Principal, Mira Monte School
Printer Friendly Download Word Document or PDF File