DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
(approved by the Board of Education in February 2006)
The mission of the Ojai Unified School District is to develop in all students the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to think critically, to make informed decisions, to live a healthy lifestyle, and to successfully pursue further study and employment in order to become responsible citizens.
To accomplish this mission, the District will provide a comprehensive, innovative, and stimulating educational program delivered in an equitable learning environment by highly qualified staff working in partnership with parents and the community.
(approved by the Board of Education in June 2012)
The Ojai Unified School District will:
- provide high-quality academic, artistic, athletic, and career-technical offerings designed to prepare all students for the next phase of their education, work, and life.
- prepare our students to utilize their strengths, talents and passions as the foundation for meaningful pursuits after their K-12 education.
- provide our students with the skills needed to create a connection to their school and their community.
- ensure that our students at every grade level demonstrate good character with consistent reinforcement from our staff.
- encourage and support federal, state and local educational funding initiatives to provide adequate resources.
- strive to retain and attract outstanding certificated and classified staff by providing competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
- strive to reduce class sizes and maximize instructional days to the benefit of both students and staff.
- reflect the pride and beauty of the Ojai Valley in our facilities.
- promote a spirit of cooperation with the Ojai Valley community, fostering an understanding that student learning is a shared responsibility among students, parents, staff, and community.