OUSD Board and Superintendent Protocols
- Keep learning and achievement for each and every student as the primary focus.
- Operate openly with trust and integrity.
- Govern in a dignified and professional manner, treating everyone with civility, dignity, and respect, while honoring the right to disagree with each other.
- Keep confidential matters confidential. Uphold the legal requirement for confidentiality on all matters arising from Board Meeting Closed Sessions.
- Discuss public matters in publicly noticed Board Meetings.
- Focus on policy making, planning, and evaluation for student success.
- Ensure opportunities for and respect the diverse range of views in the community to inform Board deliberations and evaluate the District’s performance.
- Communicate the common vision and annual, measurable goals.